Resolved
1.3
Style and Design
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Oct 08, 2018

After continuous arguing regarding the lack of craftsmanship the owner reimbursed me a small sum of money which I put towards a new band I had to have made. Still not happy but it’s my own fault for not doing my research and ordering online.

Original review posted by user Sep 08, 2018

Warning: I purchased my girlfriend an engagement ring from Primestyle.com. The ring was supposed to be a 1kt round centre diamond with 18 side stones totalling .54ct.

The centre was to be a minimum of I-J in colour and the ring was supposed to be a total of approximately 7 grams in total. The ring was purchased and sent much later after the agreed time. I had the ring appraised when it arrived and it was 2 grams in total weight,the side stones are .45 it total carat weight and the centre stone was a M-N in colour. I spoke with David the owner and he advised that after making every excuse in the book that I should propose to my girlfriend and send it back so he can ‘make it right’.

I sent the ring back and he contacted me after a bit of a run around he called and said that he will replace the centre stone with what I originally ordered. He said he would reimburse me for the difference (5grams) that I was promised. I told him to instead make up the difference in the centre stone. The ring instead came back with an I centre stone, .97kt round diamond.

This is what I ordered and paid for originally so David the apparent owner didn’t go above and beyond and make it up to my Fiancé.. He gave me what I originally paid for. After a few days of wearing the ring it is now bent because it is so thin. The centre stone appears like it may fall off.

I have made multiple attempts to contact David to have the difference reimbursed so I can have a band created here in Canada. He has not contacted me back. Primestyle, David, Carolina and Joy have made this experience absolutely terrible and have ruined our engagement completely. The Better Business Bureau states multiple claims as I have and I have now gone ahead and done the same and reported them as well.

My lawyer has been contacted and I am having a legal document prepared by the Harold Weinstein appraisers in Toronto to support this moving forward as I am fighting this in a legal case.

Please don’t make the same mistake I have and order from this company. If you must, protect yourself and get it appraised. Don’t let this company ruin what was supposed to be one of the happiest experiences of your life as they did ours.

This is not acceptable and I will do my best to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I promised my fiancé I will make this up to her as clearly Primestyle.com isn’t willing to.

Regards

Comments

The issue has been rectified by Primestyle.